**Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered**
Zymewire is growing rapidly, and we’re searching for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team. We’re a Toronto-based SaaS startup that has built game-changing technology to help business development teams accelerate revenue growth. Today we’re focused on the life sciences space, but tomorrow we envision becoming the de facto service that sales professionals across all industries rely on to help them be even better at their jobs.
We carry out our mission through (1) maintaining unrelenting curiosity about our customers’ challenges, (2) putting user needs first (3) constantly innovating and (4) having fun while doing it.
Zymewire users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals. Unlike other BD roles at VC-fuelled companies out there, we've built our bootstrapped business on pure customer investment. We’ve reached an inflection point in our growth and are in need of your talents to help us expand our reach by delivering business value to new clients. You’ll be joining us as the 25th member of the Zymewire team, and every day you’ll have the opportunity to make a massive impact at all levels of the organization.
Our office is located in the Junction Triangle (1655 Dupont St.). We’re located 8 mins from Dundas West Subway Station, the Bloor GO train station and The Bloor UP Express Station.
What the role looks like:
Reporting directly to the CEO, the primary responsibilities of the position will be:
1) attainment of monthly new pipeline growth goals in the form of Zymewire-initiated outreach to new prospects.
2) attainment of monthly new logo MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) targets for closed business, from either inbound or outbound sources.
Other day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Moving sales Opportunities through the sales pipeline through to a close
• Collaborating with Customer Success to ensure a smooth transition of the customer relationship and maximum success of any implementations
• Hunting for new companies to add to our target lists
• Hunting for new access routes into prospect companies
• Initiating cold outreach to viable prospects through whichever methods you deem to be most effective
• Providing feedback to the product team about what features you feel will lead to increased revenue, improved user retention
• Working with trial accounts to ensure a smooth and fruitful trial/pilot period with the software
• Maintaining internal records and continually suggesting improvements to any administrative aspects of the sales organization
• Stepping in as a team player elsewhere in the company to apply your customer savviness where it is needed
• Helping develop scripts and messaging that facilitates expansion of our overall sales organization
All about you:
Why Zymewire? Fancy perks etc.
Already picturing your first day as our next Business Development Manager? Apply now with your cover letter and resume! We look forward to hearing from you.
Zymewire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.