Are you ready to move beyond working on straight-forward CRUD applications? Are you ready to own a piece of a bootstrapped, profitable startup? Then Zymewire might just be the place for you!!
We’re looking for a Software Developer with backend experience to join Zymewire’s engineering team. The ideal candidate is smart as a whip, curious like a cat, and is eager to be a part of the evolution of a growing Canadian SaaS startup.
- Collaborating with senior developers and the rest of the team to create innovative solutions to challenging problems and provide users with valuable new capabilities
- Create and maintain the data infrastructure used by the Zymewire product
- Discuss and contribute ideas and new concepts and contribute to the planning and implementation of those ideas as we expand the scope of our products.
- Ensure the appropriate degree of rigor in testing is maintained, and raise the standards of code quality and documentation whenever possible.
- Experience in Scala or Python is a must (both is even better)
- Understanding of algorithmic thinking, and experience with functional programming is a bonus
- Understanding of the tradeoffs between synchronous and asynchronous processing
- Understanding of the idempotency
- Experience with RDBMS and block storage
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a bonus
- Have some devops experience with infrastructure-as-code systems
- A strong aptitude in technology and the interest and drive to expand your technical skillset
- Comfortable developing and deploying on Linux
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time software development as part of a professional dev team
- Understanding of software best practices
- Experience working in Agile development and/or at a startup is a bonus
- Interest in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry is a plus