Are you ready to move beyond working on straight-forward CRUD applications? Are you ready to own a piece of a bootstrapped, profitable startup? Join us!
We’re looking for a Software Developer with a strong user focus to join Zymewire’s engineering team. The ideal candidate is smart as a whip, curious like a cat, and is eager to be a part of the evolution of a growing startup.
- Collaborate on solving challenging problems that will provide our users with valued new features.
- Expand and maintain the core user-facing Zymewire product
- Contribute ideas towards expanding the scope of the product, and help plan the implementation of your ideas and the ideas of others
- Ensure the appropriate degree of rigor in testing is maintained, and raise the standards of code quality and documentation whenever possible
- Experience in Ruby is a must, with Rails is even better!
- A passion for helping users
- Understanding of software best practices
- Comfortable with Object-Oriented Programming principles and common application designs such as MVC web frameworks
- A strong aptitude in technology and the interest and drive to expand your technical skillset
- Comfortable developing and deploying on Linux
- ReactJS (web and Native) experience is a bonus
- CS degree with co-op, or successful completion of a software development bootcamp (with a portfolio of projects to share)
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time software development as part of a professional dev team
- Experience working in Agile development and/or at a startup is a bonus
- Interest in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry is a plus